Bundles – Multipacks, Multipacks & Bundles – we’ve all heard those terms and have used them interchangeably – however – bundles and multi-packs are two different things as far as Amazon is concerned. Different – and each with their own Amazon guidelines. So let’s get them all sorted out here in this article…
Debra Conrad and Charlene Anderson were interviewed by Kat Simpson on That Kat Radio about “Bundles”, you can listen to the podcast above.
What Amazon says about bundles
“Sellers can create bundles composed of different products to create a new bundled product. Well-designed product bundles provide convenience and value to buyers.”
“Bundles must consist of items that are highly complementary and provide value to the buyer when compared to the individual items purchased separately.”
(from: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help-page.html/ref=ag_200442350_cont_scsearch?ie=UTF8&itemID=200442350 , accessed March 10, 2013)
Amazon’s Product Bundling Policy – VERY important to read, digest and understand. (google: amazon.com bundling policy). Media bundles are not allowed – but media can sometimes be included as part of a bundle – be sure to read about that in the Policy.
You will need to purchase your OWN UPC to list a true bundle on Amazon. You can purchase UPCs on eBay.
Why Bundles Can Be a GREAT Business Strategy
- Depending upon what is included in your bundles they can severely cut down on competition – OR – eliminate competition entirely!
Multi-Packs… When a “bundle” is NOT a “bundle”
- If a bundle is a multi-pack, such as six pairs of socks, do not list it as a bundle. See UPCs and Item Package Quantity for Multi-Packs.
- If a bundle is a variation of a parent product, do not list it as a bundle. See Creating Parent/Child Variation Relationships.
Do I need to purchase a UPC to list my multi-pack (several of the SAME item)?
- IF your item is in any of the three following categories then you DO NOT need to purchase a new UPC. You can use the UPC that is on the item.
- Grocery & Gourmet Foods
- Home & Garden
- Sports & Outdoors
- *** see the list of sub-categories below
- IF your multi-pack is in ANY OTHER Category besides the 3 listed above, then you DO need to purchase a new UPC for your multi-pack.
Jessica Larrew of http://jessicalarrew.com/ created these great videos to show us all how she packs up her multi-packs and bundles:
Packaging Multi-Packs From Jessica Larrew
Packaging Bundles From Jessica Larrew
*** Here are the different sub-categories that fall under the 3 main categories where you DO NOT need a new UPC to create a multi-pack product page. (source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/site-directory/ref=sa_menu_fullstore, accessed March 14, 2013) You can also take a look at the Overview of Categories found here: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help-page.html?ie=UTF8&ref_=ag_200332540_cont_scsearch&itemID=200332540
Home, Garden & Tools
Kitchen & Dining
Furniture & Décor
Bedding & Bath
Patio, Lawn & Garden
Arts, Crafts & Sewing
Power & Hand Tools
Lamps & Light Fixtures
Kitchen & Bath Fixtures
Grocery & Gourmet Food
Sports & Outdoors
Exercise & Fitness
Hunting & Fishing
Athletic & Outdoor Clothing
Boating & Water Sports
All Sports & Outdoors